Friday, November 7, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

by Philippa Gregory


I enjoy historical fiction. I like fact mixed in with story. In this case there was a lot of story. I realized I didn’t know much about this period in history, so it encouraged me to do my research. That is always a good thing.

I do have mixed emotions about this book. I felt dirty reading it. It was a lot of “soap opera” that was a bit overwhelming at times. It does contain sexual content, which shouldn’t have, but did throw me off.

I felt like the author did a good job building anticipation, but once we came to the “big finale” it just ended… without much emotion or fanfare.

Overall, I thought it was well written and well researched, I just can’t promise I will read the next book in this series any time soon.

No comments: