Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alone

Is it terrible to want to be alone, to actually like spending time all by myself?


I don’t think I am a loner, depressed or introverted, weird maybe. I have just always liked my “downtime” A LOT! Now I am a Mom. No alone time. Ever.

The shower (anything in the bathroom for that matter) is shared with either a 2 year old or boys pounding on the door, desperately trying to tell me how the other is trying to kill them.

I actually prefer to go shopping at midnight. It is MY time! Well, me and the night stockers... I love walking on the beach, just me and my thoughts. I love an empty house, the TV and getting to pull out all my misc projects, without worrying about who is going to step on what (and not having to share my chocolate).

My AT is wonderful to let me “sleep” in; which really means listening to all the commotion (nothing can be done quietly in my world). He also takes the kids to the park, so I can make dinner ALONE. He has even taken the boys camping and left me alone… FOR THE WEEKEND! Bless Him!! Occasionally I get a bath! And for 10 glorious minutes I am alone! Then 3 babies are pounding at the door…

Flickr - Thanks wanderinghome

1 comment:

Lina said...

I definitely love my alone time now that I'm a mum! Welcome to blogging!