Monday, July 14, 2008

Diet Coke with Lime


It's 6:00 AM. Is it too early for a Diet Coke? Really, I am not kidding? I have developed an addiction for the yummy, yet deadly concoction. Again.

After High School I worked in a Flower Shop for several years. Every February life got crazy around Valentine's Day. I would gulp gallons of Diet Coke just to be able to function the 20 hour work day.

After a serious withdrawal (not kidding! Headace, shakes... It was awful! I can relate to alcohol, meth or heroin withdrawal! Really!) I swore I would NEVER get hooked again. I did good! Till now. Now there is Diet Coke with Lime.

My in-laws are HUGE pop drinkers! In the "beautiful" living arrangement we have (which hopefully will change SOON), EM is in a room with us, right next to Grandma and Grandpa's room. So she has caught-on to waking and crying for 1 minute, till we grab her and let her sleep with us. Point being, I don't sleep great!

Now I am vulnerable and sleep-deprived! Diet Coke with Lime offers me a promise of a good caffeine buzz and no calories. I LOVE it's tangy citrus flavor and vigorous bubbles that wake me every morning, and sometimes twice in the afternoon.

*sigh* It's bad. It got worse when I read this. Yea, like I have a choice to continue to drink it now! Wretched Internet Search!!

2 comments:

Nicol said...

I have never really been a coke drinker. Thanksfully I don't like the taste. I go through kicks and right now it is a root beer kick, odd I know. But we each need those little things that keeps us going. For me, it it totally chocolate. It is never too early or late for it.

Lima Bean said...

I can relate. For some reason I just switched from DC to Diet Pepsi, though. It's a scandalous switch, really. But I'm now officially hooked to DPepsi.