
I love the cool, crispness in the air and leaves crunching underneath my feet. I love leaving the windows open at night and grabbing an extra blanket in snuggle under. I love how the change in weather signals the excitement of fun holidays just around the corner. I love the beautiful vibrant colors of the leaves and the warm comfort of homemade soups, chili and the smells of apples, vanilla and cinnamon.
I thought since summer was officially over yesterday, I needed to pull out my all time favorite chili recipe. It is SO good and SO easy!

White Chicken Chili
2 cans of Chicken Broth (add extra to make it more soupy)
4 cooked Chicken Breasts, diced
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1 tsp. Cumin
1 clove minced Garlic
1 Onion, diced
2 4 ounce cans diced Green Chilies
3 TBS Lime Juice
2 15-ounce cans of White Beans (Great northern beans)
Tortilla Chips (Lime flavored are the best!)
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Fresh Cilanto
Sauté onions and garlic in a little oil until soft and a little brown. Dump in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15 or more minutes. Pour over a bowl full of tortilla chips, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Top with a little cilantro.
Yummy! Now I have to go grocery shopping...
Flickr Thanks - brettmsly & jive turkey
No comments:
Post a Comment